Friday, July 15, 2011

Models Without Makeup

Semi-recently Harper's Bazaar decided to present pictures of supermodels without makeup to their readers. Click here to read all about their anti-aging techniques and to see more models without makeup. :)

I loved this idea because it shows that even the most beautiful women in the world have flaws. They're all beautiful women, even without the makeup, but it shatters the idea that women have to be perfect. There is no way anyone on Earth is perfect, not even these women.

I commend them for their courage because its hard being in the public eye and being photographed without their makeup on is like opening up the door  for critism. People can, and do, tear these people apart for not being perfect. It's sad but true.

End of PSA. Sorry. :)

Claudia Schiffer

Amber Valletta

Shalom Harlow

Cindy Crawford

Helena Christensen

This kind of reminds me of the Marie Claire photoshoot that Jessica Simpson did without makeup and without photoshop. I think that is the coolest. :) Go Jessica! I've been watching her new show on Vh1 lately, The Price of Beauty and it isn't too bad.

It isn't Newlyweds but its still good. Did anyone see that episode from Uganda and there was this thing called the fattening hut? A woman could spend two months jsut sitting in a hut trying to get fat. They can't move a lot (because it would burn calories) and the only time they can leave is to use the bathroom.

I would be sooo bored. :) But the women seem to want to be there and think that spending time in the hut is an honor.

Off to help my mom set up for her Girl's Night In party. :) Bye!

13 comments:

  1. I think they're all still pretty without the makeup. I didn't realize Jessica had a new show; I'll have to watch it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber Valletta is very pretty! I like her! but is very old now jajajjajajajaj.......one big kiss my dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this spread as well and fell completely in LOVE with it. Love Cindy Crawford.
    xxoo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are anyway stunning!
    Helena is breathtaking!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I'm learning to love myself without makeup, I just don't feel like myself when I have a whole ton load on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Harper's editorial... Age is beautiful. And those matured models did the shoot without makeup. Great to see them looking so natural.

    Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is really inspiring and so brave of them to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic post, great that more people are championing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Jessica looked great and all these other women are natural beauties too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these women look so beautiful, I don't think anyone can disagree!

    http://lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. These models have courage *-*
    I aprecciate that and they are gorgeous even without make up!
    Xx
    http://the-way-it-works.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...