Monday, July 11, 2011

How To Wear Crocs To A Formal Event

This post is in response to an email I got from a wonderful girl named Cori. She emailed me because she just got Croc Adrina Flats and she was wondering if she could wear them to formal events, like a wedding or school dance! My answer? Of course you can! It's really not that hard. 

Make Crocs Cute #2
Make Crocs Cute #2 by randon1993
I started out the with the brown Adrina Flats beacause I felt like they were the most versatile. Cori never mentioned what color she got but I assumed it was brown. Now I partnered the look with a summer-y sweet dress that could work for a summer wedding or a slightly more casual dance. But I'm sure Cori will wear a dress of her choice.

I'm obsessed with turquoise jewelry right now and I decided to partner the plum dress with long dangling earrings and a signature floral ring. The rest of the look is very simple and the turquoise adds a bit of color. Just in case it's a little chilly--it still isn't summer weather yet where I'm living--so I added a Burberry jacket. Then I added Nars Laguna bronzer to the set because I should remind people that fake tanning before a dance [or wedding] is a BAD idea. People just end up looking like oompa loompas. Bad move.

I hope this helps Cori! You CAN wear crocs to formal events. Plus, if you're going to a school dance nobody cares what you're wearing on your feet. Everybody's too busy dancing. Just wear nice heels for pictures and then ditch them at the bag check. Pop on comfy shoes like Crocs or TOMS and you'll be good to go. Thanks for emailing me. If you have any tips for Cori leave them in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. The Burberry jacket is to die for, and I love the ring such a great piece of jewelry- Corbyn

    http://www.fashionaddictnamedcorbyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look different than the typical "croc", I suppose; and I love the idea of wearing TOMS to a formal. Super cute dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that blue ring from? I absolutely adore it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those are cool! Come by my blog the-wardrobe-stylist.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress!! The bodice detailing is stunning =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that dress! Super pretty.
    xo Josie
    www.winksmilestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...