1. Mix together 1/2 cup of unsalter butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 large eggs, and 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
2. Mix together 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of backing soda, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves, and 1/2 teaspoon salt
3. And then mix it all together
5. Put batter in a pie pan
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (177 degrees C) and cook for 18-20 minutes
6. Take the cake and mix it in with frosting until it easy to mold (similar to the consistency of cookie-dough)
7. Using an ice cream scooper, form the dough into balls
8. Dip the lollipop sticks into melted chocolate and push the stick into the balls. The chocolate will harden and prevent the cake from falling off the stick.
9. Dip the ball into the melted chocolate until the entire surface is covered
10. Optional: We made these cake pops around Halloween and so we used black food dye to make faces and a green tictac to act as the stem. But be as creative as you want at this step.
If you try to make your own cake pops I hope they turn out as delicious and beautiful as ours. It was really fun to get into the kitchen. Even though I don't like pumpkin, I loved eating these. Anyway. I hope you liked this post and I might be doing more baking posts in the future.