Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Maybelline "Fifth Ave. Fuchsia" Lipstick Swatch + Review

I have done quite a few Maybelline product reviews, haven't I? But "Fifth Ave. Fuchsia" is a very bright, bold shade. It is so different than any of the other Maybelline lipsticks that I've swatched. I have so many complaints about Maybelline lipsticks. Here's a quick run through [skip if you've already heard this]: the product isn't protected from contamination in the store, it is impossible to distinguish finish unless you open up the lipsticks, and the pakaging is a bit ehh. 

But the good things? The pigmentation is great and they smell quite nice too. My sister and I picked out this particular shade because it reminded us of one of the lipsticks Selena Gomez wore in her Love You Like a Love Song video that came out AGES ago. We thought it would be super pretty. It is an exact dupe for a Revlon lipstick in the shade "Fuchsia". I would get the Maybelline lipstick--it is cheaper, I can see no descernable difference in the product when swatched although the Revlon packaging is a bit nicer. It is quite loud and I don't find myself reaching for this product very often. Pity because it is really pretty.

What do you think of the color? Tell me in the comments! Chat with me on twitter! Check out my second blog!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...