Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Julep "Sofia" Swatch + Review

 I got this once in my Julep Maven boxes--I can't remember which--but I remembering being SO disappointed with this color when I first got it. I didn't think the color was very pretty and the super bold glitter wasn't my thing either. To top it all off, when I applied the polish it has the oddest finish. It isn't glossy at all. It has a more satin finish to it. It's weird and I don't like it. Once you put a top coat on it isn't a problem but I was just not impressed.

A few weeks ago I was feeling adventurous so I put this on my nails. Maybe I was being too judgmental. Maybe it was a really pretty color and I was just remembering it wrong. No. I had the same reaction as I did the first time. I didn't like it. And I was going downstairs to pick out another polish to wear because I'd decided to change my nails but then the coolest thing happened. It glowed in the dark. I don't know if it's supposed to do that but it literally glowed in the dark. I called my sister down and she was there to witness it. And as lame and as stupid as it sounds, the fact that it glows in the dark completely changed my mind.

I'm so fickle. I immediately fell in love. I decided not to change my nails because I wanted to show it to everyone else in my family. And the more I wore it the more I didn't hate it. The color was beginning to grow on me and the glitter wasn't as obnoxious as I'd once thought. I decided to wear it again today to celebrate Halloween and I suggest that you wear it as well. It is just so cool. I can't get enough. I guess it goes to show you that you shouldn't judge a nail polish until you check to see if it glows in the dark. Or something like that. Happy Halloween! Be safe!

How are you celebrating Halloween? Do you celebrate Halloween? Tell me in the comments below! Chat with me on twitter! Click here to hear about the time I got to meet Meg Cabot, author of The Princess Diaries!

3 comments:

  1. Sofia is supposed to be the glow in the dark color:) I added it to my box last month and I put a light coat of it over so many different polishes & it looks awesome:)

    ♥Tiffany
    lifeofalostmuse.blogspot.com
    fashionintheforest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...