Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sephora Favorites "In The Glow" Set: Sneak Peak + Pictures

 As I wrote in my last blog post, Santa was very generous this year. I got the Sephora By OPI Cinderella Nail Polish Set--click here to see an entire blog post dedicated to that--and this AMAZING blush/bronzer/highlighter gift set. Now normally I'm not into gift sets from Sephora. I think that they're great for some people but they never seem to grab my attention. That is, until this one.

I am a complete blush/bronzer junkie and when I saw this gift set I couldn't contain my excitement. It comes with the nine face products pictured above and only cost $45! I know. I couldn't believe it.


The kit comes in this beautiful and golden packaging with a fun ribbon on the side. 

Two products come in a non-traditional compact packaging--Tarte's Natural Cheek Stain in Flsuh (left) and Benefit's High Beam (right). I have tried neither of these products and the Tarte cheek stain was one of the main reasons I choose to ask for this set for Christmas. The cheek stains are so fabulous but so expensive. 

Along with the Tarte cheek stain, the set also came with two other blushes. Stila's Convertible Color in Peony (left) and a Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Splendor (right). I love how the set came with a dark, medium, and light blush. One with super chunky shimmer and two without. It shows that the creators at Sephora put a lot of thought into this set.

The set came with three bronzers--two of which I have photographed above. The Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic (left) is a beautiful compact that allows you to customize the exact color you want on your cheeks. This product would also work as a great neutral eyeshadow palette. I love the colors and it has quickly become one of my favorites. Nars Bronzing Powder in Laguna is an iconic bronzer. If you are a beauty junkie you've heard of it. I've never owned it before and I'm really excited to see if the product lives up to the hype!

The Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder is the third and final bronzer. It is a beautiful matte color that is slightly lighter than NARS Laguna. I was a little disappointed that the set contained BareMinerals Pure Radiance because I've tried the product before and didn't care for it. I plan to give it a second chance but I don't have high hopes.

And last, but not least, the set came with the Lorac Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder in Spotlight. It is a beautiful pale highlight color. I haven't tried a Lorac product before (because I don't think that my Sephora sells any) and I can't wait to try it out.

As you can see, this set was pretty spectacular! It is no longer available online but I would check in store for any stragglers. It has so many fantastic quality products and they're super adorable in their mini size. Act quick before they're all gone. I hope everyone is had a great new year. 2013 is going to be great year. I can feel it.

Which product in the set was your favorite? Did you get anything cool for the Holidays? Leave me a comment below! Chat with me on twitter! Check out my book reviews on my second blog!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...