Monday, February 4, 2013

Julep "Jessica" Swatch + Review

two coats, natural light

It has been too long since I did a NOTD. Much, much, much too long. Considering the content on my blog it would be nearly impossible for anyone to conclude that I am, in fact, an open nail polish junkie. And by nail polish junkie I mean someone with entirely too much nail polish (Wait! Is that even possible?) but still continues to buy more. This was actually a present that I bought for my sister this past Christmas...but after seeing her wear it, I became obsessed. And, being the lovely and gernous sister that she is, she allowed me to wear it and swatch it for my blog.

I have had a bit of a love-hate relationship with Julep nail polishes. It is really hit-or-miss and I find it hard for me to spend so much money on something that isn't a sure thing. These are not cheap--retailing at about $14 at Sephora or a Julep.com (although as I'm writing this post it is out of stock!). But despite all my mixed feelings I've had with Julep nail polishes in the past, I ADORE "Jessica"! It isn't as thick as some of the Julep polishes I've used in the past but it's still super opaque. I probably only had to apply one coat for full coverage but I applied two just in case. And I wasn't the only one who thought this color was stunning. I can't begin to count all the compliments I got. I mean...look at it! It is the perfect it's-winter-but-I-want-it-to-be-spring nail polish. It's the best of both worlds.

But if you are drawn to this color and would like to use this as your perfect it's-winter-but-I-want-it-to-be-spring nail polish be aware that it chips like crazy. I had it on for only about thirty-six hours or so before I lost my entire right pointer finger (obviously, not my actually finger but all of the nail polish on my right pointer finger). It was only a matter of days before the rest of my fingers followed suit. But despite it's short life-span, I still love it and I still recommend it.

Chat with me on twitter! Check out my other blog where I review books and movies! Leave a comment below! P.S. How do you guys like the quality of the photo? I used to do all my pictures with my iPhone but I have since upgraded to a Canon Rebel T3i.

2 comments:

  1. me encanta tu blog, asi que te sigo para quedarme y ver más entradas tuyas!! enhorabuena por ello!!

    te animo a que visites mi blog y me sigas si te gusta!!!
    http://blowoffashion.blogspot.com.es/

    besos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this colour is SO nice! where are those nail varnish's from?x


    http://shayssayx.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...