Friday, February 8, 2013

Sephora By OPI "Henna-Thing Is Possible" Swatch + Review

two coats, natural light

I already did two nail polish reviews this week. Why not make it three? Sephora By OPI "Henna-Thing Is Possible" is easily becoming one my new favorites. It is this bright fuchsia color in the daylight but under less ideal lighting the bluish-purple micro (and I mean micro) shimmer gives it a deeper purple appearance. It was a bit difficult to capture accurately on film but I think I finally managed to do the job with the picture above. Over winter break I wore this color for two weeks straight. I walked around my house in these super-warm fuzzy socks and my computer (which both happen to be the same color as this nail polish) and felt like a total rock-star. After taking a moment to re-read that last statement, I realize how utterly ridiculous I sound. But don't blame me, blame my nail polish junkie tendencies.

Now, onto to the pros and cons. The nail polish lasted about five/six days before serious chipping settled in. This isn't amazing (I was hoping for a bit more because Sephora By OPI polishes are on the expensive side) but this is about average for high-end nail polishes. The formulation was smooth and easy to apply. Opacity was great. Overall, I am extremely impressed. As you can probably tell from the picture above, this isn't a full-sized bottle. I actually got it from one of those Sephora gift sets ages ago but never gave it a try until recently. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before I buy a full-sized bottle because...I really, really love this color.

Chat with me on twitter! Check out my second blog! What nail polish are you loving at the moment? Leave a comment below!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...