Wednesday, February 27, 2013

YSL Rouge Volupte #17 "Red Muse" Lipstick Swatch + Review

 AHH! I finally cracked again and bought another YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick. It's been about a year since I picked up Sensual Silk and Forbidden Burgundy and I figured it was about time to get a different shade. Because these are easily the best lipsticks I have ever tried--bar none. I normally don't like making claims like these because I find it hard to find a product that works in every situation but this is one of the products. It is very expensive retailing at $34 for .14 fl ounces.



 Reason number one I adore these Rouge Volupte lipsticks despite the price: the packaging is out of this world gorgeous. All the lipsticks come in this ornate gold packaging that I like to keep even though I have no use for them.
  
  And while the box is gorgeous, what comes inside is ten times more luxurious. The lipstick has this beautiful gold-finishing with a sneak-peak of the lipstick color in a single band around the container. The YSL metalwork is so intricate and beautiful. Even though I have two of these bad boys sitting in my makeup collection (two of which have purple nail polish all over them due to a mid-flight accident), I still cannot get over how beautiful they are. There was so much thought and detail put into the design of these lipsticks. To put it simply: these are luxury in a lipstick.

Here is a closer look at the lipstick in the tube. You can literally see how creamy these lipsticks are in this photograph.

YSL Rouge Volupte #17 "Red Muse" Lipstick

And now...finally after all these photos, here is the one you have been waiting for--the swatch. This is only one swipe across the back of my hand. The color pay off is amazing! It is creamy and opaque. Gosh. This has become my favorite red lipstick. If you have the money and are looking for something that is bold and effortless...BUY THIS PRODUCT! I don't think I would be able to communicate how much I love the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks. Which is a bit of a problem because that is my job as a beauty blogger. Maybe I should take more literature classes or something.

YSL Rouge Volupte #17 "Red Muse" Lipstick

Here is a photo of the lipstick on my lips. I didn't do an amazing job applying my lipstick for this swatch but I figured curious readers could get the general idea. I would recommend using a lip brush because the lipstick is so creamy that it can get really messy, really fast. But I absolutely love the way it looks. It lies somewhere between a matte/glossy finish and somehow it manages to last for hours. It is a nightmare if you eat or drink within and hour or two but I am still in love. If you ever get the opportunity to pick up one of these bad boys, you won't regret it.

Buy a YSL lipstick! Chat with me on twitter! Check out my second blog! What is your favorite red lipstick? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!

FTC: Apothica.com is a beloved sponsor but they did not send me this product. I bought it with my own money.

6 comments:

  1. This color looks soo rich and so beautiful! My goodness.

    xo
    Maggie A
    Love Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing colour *_*
    I just found you and immediately became member! I would really appreciate it if you'll visit my blog back :)
    Kisses and keep in touch ♡

    http://dtmakeupgirl.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love YSL fantastic color!
    Hi dear!

    I follow you
    I invite you to become a my readers
    I love your blog and your photos


    You can also follow me on bloglovin, FB and pinterest!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful shade and stunning photos. You're very talented...I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...