Friday, September 6, 2013

Best of Beauty: Top 10 Essie Nail Polishes

A few months ago I published a post dedicated to much adored Essie Nail Polish Collection. Click here if you missed it and want to check it out. A lot of you guys seemed to really like it but a lot of you also wanted to see a Top 10 Essie nail polish list. It took a little bit of time (and help from my sister) to pick out the ten Essie nail polishes that I love above the rest. Five of the colors are perfect for summer and the other five are winter season essentials. 

Top Ten Essie Polishes: Figi, Van D'Go, Splash of Grenadine, Cute As A Button, Mint Candy Apple
 Here are the five colors that I picked out for my favorite Essie polishes. I'll go through them quickly from left to right. Figi is the perfect baby pink. It does take a lot of coats (and patience) but the finished look is clean and elegant. This color is appropriate for a dip in the pool or a trip to the spa or your sister's wedding. You can never go wrong with this color. Van D'Go is a light peach. It was one of the first Essie polishes I ever bought and as you can see from the line near the bottom of the bottle, this bad boy is almost completely gone. I think I can get one or two manicures out of this bottle but after that I'll have to run to my local Ulta and pick up a new bottle. Insider tip: Ulta is the place to go if you're looking for limited edition polishes.

Splash of Grenadine is a medium pink purple. It's the color for those days when I want a bold, bright nail polish. This is the color I wear when I want compliments. Cute As A Button is slowly becoming one of my most well-loved polishes in my entire collection. It is a lovely bright coral color. I love the way it looks on my nails but I love the way it looks on my sister even more (she has very fair skin with pink undertones). This color is the perfect shade to get into the summer groove. Mint Candy Apple is probably the most iconic Essie nail polish--and for good reason. Unlike a lot of mint polishes out there, Mint Candy Apple is a blue-toned mint. It is surprisingly opaque for such a light color and only needs two coats for complete opacity. It was one of the first Essie polishes I ever bought and it's had a special place in my heart ever since.

Top Ten Essie Polishes: Sand Tropez, Buy Me A Cameo, Wrapped in Rubies, Dive Bar, Turquoise & Caicos
And now onto the more winter appropriate shades! The first shade is Sand Tropez it was hard choosing between this shade and Lady Like but I find the I reach for Sand Tropez more often. It is a subtle nude polish (although I find that it looks best when I have a bit of a tan...so maybe this should have gone in the summer polishes section...oops). But beware, it can give the look of dead hands if your skin tone is too light. Buy Me A Cameo is a relatively newish addition to my collection but it is still well loved. This is the color I wear when I want a subtle, feminine, but clean manicure but I don't want to go as subtle as Sand Tropez. It is a shimmery medium nude that looks great on almost any skin tone. I give it an A+.

The next color is in the same family as Buy Me A Cameo and it's Wrapped in Rubies.This is a deep red color with golden shimmer. This is my go-to color during the Christmas season. The mix of gold and red make it the perfect color for that time of the year. I've only had it for about a year but I've already used up almost half of the bottle. That's how I knew it had to go on my top ten list. Next is Dive Bar which is a color that I bought on the recommendation of a fellow beauty blogger--Allison from Amarixe.com or youtube.com/amarixe. I know that I talk about her a lot but she has great taste when it comes to nail polish--I absolutely love it when she posts NOTD. And last but not least we have Turquoise & Caicos. This color is fairly similar to Mint Candy Apply but I find that this shade is a little more versatile. It's a lovely sea foam green-blue that is perfect for trips to the beach but I also love wearing it during the winter because it reminds me of a winter wonderland.

And that is my list of my top ten Essie nail polishes. Do you agree? Do you disagree? What polishes did I miss? Leave your thoughts in the comments below. I'm always looking for new colors to check out.

Twitter I Facebook I YouTube Book Blog Pictures From Places

8 comments:

  1. Mint Candy Apple is still my favourite Essie polish! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore cute as a button! Lovely collection x

    zoeyinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So hard to pick favorites, but you did a great job!!


    Jessica
    minor ducats major closet

    Check out the fashions we spotted at the Lancaster Craft Beerfest this weekend!!
    http://minorducatsmajorcloset.blogspot.com/2013/09/lancaster-craft-beerfest.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar Daddy is my absolute favorite right now! :) I really want to try the Mint Candy Apple as well.

    xo
    Maggie
    Love Mavin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that you can create short links with AdFly and make $$$$$$ for every visitor to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...