Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Philosophy Falling in Love Fragrance Review

Philosophy Falling in Love Fragrance
 For today's post, we're going to take a walk down memory lane. Growing up my mom loved Philosophy fragrances. And I mean LOVED. Unfortunately, I used to think that almost all of the Philosophy fragrances smelled really, really bad. Thankfully, in recent years she's found other scents that tinkle her fancy but she still sprays on Falling in Love every once in a while. And it brings back so many memories. A few weeks ago I was trying to decide which fragrance to bring with me on my trip to Portland, Oregon and I came across this one. It's an oldie but a goodie.

Philosophy describes the scent as "sun-ripened blackberry [that] captivates the senses, smooth, sparkling jasmine inspires romance and vanilla melts deliciously over your skin". I do think that this smell is a very whimsical and romantic fragrance. It isn't sexy but rather something to wear when you're in the mood for PG-13 romantic comedy kind of romance. It is very light and gentle smell. 

Philosophy Falling in Love Fragrance
I would definitely categorize Falling in Love as a day-time fragrance. It's simple and unobtrusive. I'm normally very particular when it comes to fragrance packaging but there is something about the sleek and minimalist packaging of this scent that I really like. The packaging is very reflective of the scent inside. Falling in Love isn't a loud or gaudy fragrance so why should the packaging be?

The price of a 2 fl oz. bottle of Falling in Love costs $44. Which isn't terribly expensive for a fragrance. If you like the scent but don't want to spend so much money, Philosophy does offer a .5 fl oz. bottle for $15. And honestly, I think that that is probably the best way to go. I've had this one for years and I'm only half-way through. I don't know if I'll ever finish this bottle. But, if I do, I'll probably go with the smaller version. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...